HTML Visualization Workout 003 - GIF

GIF

With the help of HTML VizCreator Cert and Flex in Power BI, you can easily add images or animated GIFs to make your content more captivating.

Image/GIF converter

BI Samurai has developed a free Image/GIF converter (available at https://bisamurai.com/converter/) that enables the conversion of pictures, GIFs, and videos into Power BI DAX Measures. This convenient tool allows users to seamlessly incorporate visual content into their Power BI dashboards.

PBIX File:

Please download the file from here.

HTML VizCreator Custom Visuals:

The HTML VizCreator visuals are developed by BI Samurai (https://bisamurai.com) and they come in in two versions: the Microsoft-certified HTML VizCreator Cert and the HTML VizCreator Flex, which is not Microsoft-certified but can access the internet and currently offers more functionality. In upcoming workouts, you’ll learn more about the differences between these two versions. For this particular challenge, you can use either one.

It’s important to note that a license is required to access the full functionality of the HTML VizCreator visuals. However, to be part of these workouts, you won’t need to purchase a license. The PBIX file available for download at the link above contains the latest pre-released versions of both visuals, along with an active license key.

As a side note, if you are a freelancer, Power BI consultant, Microsoft MVP, student, or have a similar role, you might be eligible for a free partner license. To find out more, reach out to partner@bisamurai.com and provide us with information about who you are, what you do, and why you believe you should receive a free partner license.

Goals of this workout:

Add your favorite GIF to a Power BI report using either BI Samurai’s HTML VizCreator Cert or Flex visual. You can also take advantage of BI Samurai’s Image/GIF Converter.

Help:

BI Samurai Image/GIF converter

Adding GIFs to Power BI

How To Add Website Like End User Help In Form Of Text, Images & GIFs To Your Power BI Report❗ - YouTube

Ask your questions in the workout channel and we’ll try to answer you as soon as we can.

Submission:

Post a Screenshot of your GIF and upload your PBIX.

Hello All

Here is my Solution :slight_smile:

BI Samurai Workout 3 - GIF.pbix (6.1 MB)

Greets
Chris

Hi Chris, great job! Nice GIF choice, I like it. :slight_smile:

Glad to see you played around with both options of adding the GIFs and tried out both of our HTML visuals.

What did you think of the workout?

Cheers,
Pascal

Hi Pascal,

The workout itself was very well documented, so it was easy to execute the steps. I actually spent more time selecting the “right” GIF :slight_smile:

Will try the other workouts too soon, as I always like to experiment with custom visuals and find new ways to present the data. (HTML opens a new dimension when it comes to customization).

Thank you for putting in the effort for creating these workouts, I really like them.

Greets
Chris

Hi Chris, that’s great!

I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying our custom visuals and our workouts. I’m always eager to hear feedback and any ideas for future workouts, so feel free to let me know if there’s anything you’d like to see next.

Cheers,
Pascal