HR Consultation Insights - Power BI Challenge #3 Entry from Michael

Here’s @michaelsampsonidis entry for Power BI Challenge 3. @michaelsampsonidis, would you like to share how you built this dashboard and what your inspiration is in building it?

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

1 Like

Hello,

First to provide some details on the main idea on the dashboard, the intent was to:

• Keep it simple and easy to read without drilling at the most granular level
  • Focus on in parallel on two stream, the overall outcome, but also on the effectiveness of having two interviews for each policy which overall seems to provide good results with the exception of the people having an advisor role.

On the logic used:

• First I’ve separated Consultations, Interviewers and Employees (including region since there was a 1 to 1 mapping) as separate dimensions
  • On the outcome I’ve assigned a score starting with 0 (unhappy), 0.5 (neutral), 1 (happy) to try and measure it from a 100% scale.

On the visuals & measures:

• First set is a simple segmentation of region & employee role.

• Overall satisfaction level is measured by summing up the outcome scores and dividing it by the total number of responses.

• Outcome changes measure the % of changes which happened between the two interviews compared to the total number of interviews and the bar line will showcase if the change is a positive or a negative one.

• The consultation wise view, useses the same measurement logic as in overall satisfaction level.

• The outcome changes charts will simply show if the feedback change which happened 1st Interview vs. 2nd Interview was a positive one or not, plus the intent was to create in a simple view on the correlation between the consultation & the employee role. Of course green means the change was a positive one, red means the outcome became worse.

1 Like

@michaelsampsonidis,

Great entry for this challenge, but one thing I would change is the color choices of red and green. These colors do not agree with your overall color theme.

Thanks
Jarrett