How to transform a messy Excel data source

Hello,
I love what I have learned so far. In my company, I play the role of BI Developer and we use Yardi Voyager as one of our data sources. I have an excel here that I’m trying to modify and make more user-friendly so I can create a great data model with a great table relationship. I came across a few weeks ago a video by Sam, teaching how to transform such a messy excel into a super cool one. Luckily I forgot the name of that video. Can you guide me to that resource or help me with suggestions?

12_Month_Statement_whe00op_Accrual.xlsx (26.6 KB)

1 Like

Hi @Cheusi,

Welcome to the Forum!
I think you might be refering to this video, it’s in the Data transformations & Modelling course.

I hope this is helpful

3 Likes

Hello friend,
I checked that one, I didn’t see it there, I wish I had written the name of the video so I can go back. I have ax excel I need to reformat and use the data to develop report

1 Like

Hi @Cheusi - Don’t think there are many transformations required in the excel file. I have done Minor transformations to get it in shape.

Financial Reporting.pbix (33.7 KB)

What you really need is to go through the Financial reporting videos to check how to use the data inside Power BI report by creating Unrelated tables.

Thanks
Ankit J

2 Likes

Hello @Cheusi, I think the Financial reporting. pbix should help out in what you are trying to do as it was also helpful when I watched the video some months back.
You can also try to watch this if it helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeDIbx2PtTI - From [powerbiexperience]

Regards

2 Likes

Hi @Cheusi, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since a few days ago.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post?

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

2 Likes

Hi @Cheusi, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have any concern related to this topic, you can create a new thread.

2 Likes