How to set alerts when a dataset refresh is complete

Hi All,

I would like to know if we can set alerts to notify when the dataset refresh is complete.

I have created a Power Automate Refresh button for the user to click to refresh the dataset on demand. However, it takes a while to refresh the dataset. So it would be good if they were notified when the refresh is complete to check the updated data.

Appreciate any guidance on this.

Regards,

Sudhir Simson

It seems that the alert is based on a piece of data (say Quantity).
You may want to set the alert to que when ‘Quantity > 20’ or some value in your dataset that you know will always be the case. The alerts only trigger once the data is refreshed, so this option should work for users.

This site explains how to setup alerts. Hope you find this helpful.

1 Like

Hi @sudhirsundar,

I’ve looked into the documentation for the power automate Power BI connector at this time there doesn’t seem to be a trigger for when a dataset refresh has been completed.

Not my cup of tea (yet) but you can look into calling the REST API that does allow for Datasets - Get Refresh History which sounds promising…

I hope this is helpful

1 Like

Thank you very much. I will have a look.

Thank you very much, Melissa. I will have a look.

It’s great to know that you are making progress with your query @sudhirsundar.

Please don’t forget if your question has been answered within the forum it is important to mark your thread as ‘solved’.

We request you to kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey,We hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

Hello @sudhirsundar it’s been a while since we got a response from you. In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @sudhirsundar, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

We request you to kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey,We hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!