How to make custom slicer which value not exsist in datasource

For example we have 1000 students data. In database all the exam information saved. Total marks is 1000 and students got 500,456,789 and so on so i want to create a custom slicer to select the good marks, average marks and best marks. How to create?

@dipeshkumar30,

There are a number of different approaches you could take here, but here’s the path I took:

1. Created a disconnected table with the Average, Good and Best categories and the lower bound score associated with each.

2. Created the following calculated column in my fact table (not a measure, since we’re going to slice on this column):

Evaluate =

VAR MaxBound =
     CALCULATE( 
         MAX( Classifications[Bound] ),
         FILTER(
             Classifications,
             Scores[Score] >= Classifications[Bound]
         )
     )

VAR Cat =
     CALCULATE(
         MAX( Classifications[Category] ),
         Classifications[Bound] =  MaxBound
     )

RETURN
     Cat

3. Create a slicer based on the Evaluate column created in 2) above.

Here’s what it looks like pulled together:

And Sliced:

I hope this is helpful. Full solution file attached below.

4 Likes

Hi @dipeshkumar30, did the response provided by @BrianJ help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

Hi @dipeshkumar30, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 2nd of January. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

thanks a lot @BrianJ
its really working

1 Like

@dipeshkumar30,

Glad to help, and good to hear that solution worked well for you.

– Brian

2 Likes