How to filter data by Account Name via an ID number

I have two separate data sources, one with financial data and the other with textual data. Each have an ID number that ties them together and I’ve connected them in my data model via the ID number. However, I’m filtering the data on my page by Account Name from the textual data source, of course the financial data doesn’t have the Account Name just the ID, which is not associated with the Account Names.
Is there a way in my visual table to only show the items where the ID is present in both data sources?

Thanks for any help.
D

@DDewbre,

I believe if both table are connected by and relationships are working fine, then you should not face the issue.

Can you please send some sample data along with the issue? In this way, we can see if there is any issue in the data model itself.

Kind Regards,
Hafiz

Hafiz,
thanks for responding! I’ve attached two Excel spreadsheets with the fields I’m talking about. In the data model I have a one-many relationship between Opportunity sample OPP-ID and Financials sample Opp-ID. But, I’m trying to filter the data in my visuals/page by Account which is only in Opportunity sample. Right now when I do that in a table I get all items.
Financials Sample.xlsx (16.1 KB) Opportunity Sample.xlsx (15.7 KB)

Hi @DDewbre. Can you please provide your work-in-progress PBIX file along with an Excel mock-up of a sample of exactly what you’re looking for?
Greg

@DDewbre The data you provided doesn’t contain the values that could be joined with a relationship. No matching fields in Financials with Opportunity Sample. The best way to get the solution is to show the mock up of your result preferably in PBIX file. It’s way easier to understand the problem and provide a solution when pbix file is provided.

Thanks.

Hi @DDewbre , we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.
  • When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformatted text </>.
  • Use the proper category that best describes your topic
  • Provide as much context to a question as possible.
  • Include the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Please also check the How To Mask Sensitive Data thread for some tips on how to mask your pbix file.

Hi @DDewbre , we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 16th of December. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

Thanks! I’m working to provide more data and am remote…so a little slow on the responses. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Hi @DDwebre, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 19th of December. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

Team, I apologize for the delay as I was on travel. I did find the solution so happy to close this out and really, really appreciate everyone’s responses!! Best support group ever!!

Thanks
D

Hi @DDwebre, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!