How to dynamically change header names based on another table?

Hello,
I’m trying to change Measures Names dinamically based on a another table (a lookup table).
The tables are dynamic and refresh every year, dropping the oldest year and getting the new so I don’t want to hardcode the Measure Name and have to manually change every measure name every new year.

It would be useful to change it not only to rename the Measures but the other variables as well, but if not, only the measures would be fine.

Thanks for the help!
Lilian.

dinamically_change_headerNames.pbix (35.2 KB)

There is not a way to dynamically name a measure, you can dynamically name tables (do a search on dynamic name on this forum to see some excellent suggestions).

However, in this instance, I would recommend reshaping your data - instead of a long table with each year having it’s own columns:

I suggest a long table:

This will allow you to create a single measure instead of one for each year:
Single Measure = DIVIDE( [Qty Amount], [Population Amt] )
(i choose to create measures for Qty and Population rather than using the naked columns)

And by doing this, you can put your measures into a matrix table:

or:

see attached for how to change your table (unpivot) and how the matrix table visual workseDNA solution - unpivot data and matrix visuals.pbix (46.2 KB)

3 Likes

Hi @lplata Welcome to the Forum! It’s great to know that you are having a great experience so far. We’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @lplata, did the response provided by @Heather help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @lplata, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 19th of March. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

1 Like

This solves my question, thank you very much!!!

1 Like