How to disconnect two visuals

Hi all,

I am studying interactions visual control but somehow it doesn’t work in my case.

interaction visuals _ forum.pbix (215.0 KB)

I need to disconnect these two marked on red visuals, I would select a different day on the upper one and a different day on bottom one and look at both of them at the same time.

Desired view:

Does anyone could please share how to achieve this?
As always grateful for help.

Many thanks,

Iwona

visual interactions can be a tricky thing - and you’ll want to make sure that you leave notes for any future developers as to what you have done.

1. select ANY visual on the page, and go to the Format tab at the top
  2. click the “Edit Interactions” button
  3. you’ll need to go through each of your filters, and change the filter logic -
    I see that this has already been done on the top “Month Name” and “Location” slicers (the top one does not filter the bottom visuals, the bottom one does not filter the top visuals):

What you have missed are the Day of Week Name tables that you are using as filters - you’ll need to set those interactions as well.
I’m running out the door at the moment, but will check back on this when I’m done with my appointments to see if you need further screenshots.

Hi @Heather ,

Many thanks for your time and support.

I think, I included table with days and set interactions for them, you can notice this on this screenshot shot as well.

Can’t understand why interactions don’t give me desired outcome :frowning:

Would be grateful for.any guidance.

Iwona

you included the two Day of Week Name tables when you updated the Month Name and Location slicers

but because you are using these tables as filters now, you also need to treat them like the slicers.

as you can see from this new screenshot - when you select the top Day of Week visual - it will filter all visuals on the table if you click on it. You need to turn off the interactions with both Day of Week Name visuals just like you did for the slicers.

To take this a step further, I would do the same with the large Grade tables - bottom table should not filter anything at top of report, and top table should not filter anything on bottom of report.

Hi @Heather

Would you please upload pbi file so it is easier for me to put my head around my issue.

Many thanks,

Iwona

here is the updated file - please review visual interactions for EVERY visual on the page, not just the slicers.
eDNA Solution - interaction visuals _ forum.pbix (215.3 KB)

Hi @Heather

I have downloaded this file but it is not working like in the pic below:

Iwona

Using the model I uploaded last night…

If I click on Monday on the top “Day of Week Name” table, the bottom table data is not filtered:

if I click on Tuesday on the bottom “Day of Week Name” table, the top table data is not filtered:

I believe this is what you described as needing in the initial post - please explain further what is not working here.

Also - note that you have different slicer filters on the Month Name and Location data for each table - could that be part of the confusion here?

@Heather

The thing is I need the view below :frowning:

exactly like that :frowning:

Iwona

so, you need to have the month name and location data filter both tables?
and then use the Day of week Name table to filter only the top or bottom table as they are positioned?

If that is the issue, just remove the extra slicers for Month Name and Location - and then re-set the filter interaction to allow those filters to interact with everything.

@Heather

I already used that logic and I have 6 slicers on this page.

Huge thank you for your expertise and support.

Regards,

Iwona