How to Determine Which Reports are Using a Dataflow?

I have several dataflows that I have created over the last year. Some are newer, better versions of others that I created some time ago when I was first learning about dataflows. I’d like to delete the older obsolete dataflows, but I need to find a way to determine whether there are any reports using these dataflows since I’m not the only developer who has access to them.

Is there a way to generate a list or a view of some sort that will show what reports are connecting to these dataflows?

1 Like

Hi @DaveC,

Have you explored the workspace data lineage view?

and

2 Likes

Yes, but the reports are in other workspaces, so a lineage view within the dataflow workspace doesn’t show anything useful. I will explore some more to see if I can at least use it within the workspace of any known reports to see if it will trace the lineage all the way back to the dataflows. But what I really need is a way to trace lineage down the line from dataflow to report when the report is in a different workspace.

Thanks for the links!

1 Like

Hi @DaveC,

The first article mentions an option to build your own lineage view using Power BI Rest APIs
I have no experience with that myself but is sounds promising for your requirement.

1 Like

Hi @DaveC, did the response provided by @Melissa help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi @DaveC, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 2nd of April. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @DaveC, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

We’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!