How to deal with duplicate data

I have 3 sheets Excel with Membership table has Reference number which has duplicate values. Because of that I am not able to establish relationship between Membership table and Usage table. How do I deal this issue?
DATA_SET.xlsx (44.7 KB)

Hey Anil,

Hope you are doing well.
you have to remove duplicates to form one- many relationships.
but parallel understand the effect on your meteric.
Regards,
Pankaj

looking at the membership data and the usage data - I don’t see any additional field I can merge to create a unique identifier.

As an example - in one of my datasets, I have a table with customer numbers and department numbers, those same two numbers appear in the sales table. To create the relationship - I added a merged column of Customer No and Department No (I inserted two colons between them to make sure it was fully unique). This merged column was added to BOTH tables, and the relationship created between them.

but I don’t see any such option on what you have provided. Is there anyway for you to create a unique identifier like this? What is causing the duplication of the reference number?

2 Likes

Hello @AnilKumarPoda

Did the response from @Heather (thank you!) help solve your query?

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark the answer as the SOLUTION by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then tick the check box beside SOLUTION

Thank you

Hello @AnilKumarPoda

Just following up if the response above helps you solve your inquiry.
If it did, please mark his answer as the SOLUTION.

We’ve noticed that no response was received from you on the post above. In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.