How to connect Magento ecommerce database with Power BI

How can we connect Magento (ecommerce) database with Power BI ?
Magento developer is our third party contractor. what we need exactly from them in order to connect database into Power BI?

@khurram,

There are two options:

1. Build the connector manually using the Magento API

2. Use a ready-built pipeline connector

This document describes both options, and the commercial pipeline connector service, Stitch, is one that we use successfully at Enterprise DNA to extract data from a variety of services into Power BI. They offer a 14 day trial of the Magento connector that you may want to check out:

I hope this is helpful.

– Brian

1 Like

Thank you Brian,

Can you please share a weblink, where I can download and use 14 days trial version?
Can we use this connector as Pro user?

Best Regards,

Khurram

@khurram,

Sure - here you go:

And yes, we use Stitch with Pro licenses.

I hope this is helpful.

• Brian

Hi @khurram , did the response provided by @BrianJ help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi @khurram, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 29th of June. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @khurram, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

I know it’s been a while since this thread was active, but I’ve been on the hunt for some information on connecting the Magento e-commerce database with Power BI, and I stumbled upon this discussion. So, apologies for reviving it!
I wanted to share that you might want to consider using Magento for your database integration. It’s a popular e-commerce platform with robust features and strong community support. Suppose you’re working with a Magento developer as a third-party contractor. In that case, you can reach out to them and discuss the specific requirements needed to connect the Magento database with Power BI.
Additionally, I recently came across a website that offers Magento integration services. They might have useful resources or expertise to assist you in this process. You can find more information about their services at https://transformagency.com/magento-integration-service/