How to add these short symbols before Assets and balance sheet calculations

Hi,

I am new and still learning.

Please, I was watching a YouTube tutorial regarding building a balance sheet in Power BI.

I’ve tried to comment under the video but no response, so I thought to ask here instead.

• Please, how to add these symbols before the word Assets? I’ve tried the | and the - but it can not be adjusted as shown in the picture. Is it something to be inserted manually or it is something added using a PowerBI itself?

• Also, isn’t Total Assets should always equal to the Owner’s Equity & Liabilities?

Thanks

Hi @MGadAllah, welcome to the Enterprise DNA Forum. We’re happy to have you in the community.

To get better and fast responses, it would be helpful to provide a sample pbix file for other members to work on.

Here’s a tip on how to provide pbix file: TIP: Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions - Forum Guides - Enterprise DNA Forum

Be sure to also check these guidelines created Sam: How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum

Thanks

Hi @MGadAllah - For Balance Sheets and other Financial statements we use Templates where we need to adjust our Text as per the requirement. In the Template, you can add symbols directly as you have shown in BS Template.

It seems your issue is already sorted. You just need to add spaces in the Balance Sheet columns to adjust as per the requirement.

You can refer to the course " Financial Reporting w/ Power BI’
available at

Thanks
Ankit J

1 Like

Hi @MGadAllah, did the response provided by @ankit help in solving your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hi @MGadAllah, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.