How do I deal with duplicate values in Column which supposed to be unique and establish relationship

Hi, in a health policy database there are 3 tables

Scheme - With scheme details along with Company_Code, start date.
Membership - Employe Membership details with Ref_Num, Schem_Code, start date.
Usage - Member ship utilization details with creation date.

Scheme start date can be different from Membership start date, becuase employee can join the scheme any date after scheme start date. Note: Company_Code = Scheme_Code

Ref_Num in Membership has duplicate values, how do I deal with this duplicate values and establish relation between Membership and Usage?
DATASET.xlsx (37.0 KB)

What does each row of the Membership table represent? If each row represents an individual “member,” there needs to be a column or combination of columns that provides a unique identifier for each member. I don’t see anything like that right now. At first, I thought REF_NUM was a membership number, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

If the rows in this table do NOT represent individual members, I would recommend finding a way to import or create a table which has one row per member.

2 Likes

Hello @AnilKumarPoda

We notice that no response was received from you on the post above.

We’d like to know if you need further help with this inquiry. If so, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Thank you!

Hi @AnilKumarPoda

We are still waiting for your response to the above inquiry from DaveC to further assist with your question.

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Thank you!