Horizontal Slicer - buttons progress left-to-right, not top-to-bottom

I have a report in Power Pivot that I’m trying to move to Power BI.

The Excel slicer looks like this

The month numbers progress from left-to-right.

In Power BI my slicer looks like this

In Power BI the months progress top-to-bottom.

My users like the excel version that goes from left-to-right. Is it possible in Power BI? I can’t find the setting.

Hello @BillK,

Thank for posting your query onto the Forum.

You can use convert your “Month Name” slicer to the “Month Number” slicer. There’s an extensive “Date” created by @Melissa which provides you wide variety of options in date and if you’re using that Date table then you easily convert you slicer into “Month Number” .

I’m providing the screenshot below for the reference of my working.

Hoping you find this useful and helps you in your analysis.

Please feel free to write back in case I’ve missed out on anything.

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Harsh

Harsh,

Thanks for the fast reply, but my issue isn’t with the names vs numbers.

The issue is if my slicer has 2 rows, they progress top to bottom, then left to right.

I want them to progress left-to-right, then top to bottom.

@BillK,

You can use the traditional “Slicer” like @Harsh showed in his example where he just stretched the items out to where he didn’t have two rows. If you want multiple rows like you have shown, you will need to download the “Chiclet Slicer”. Here is how to do that:

Step 1

Step 2

Then you can edit the way the slicer looks to get your two rows. Here is what it looks like on one of my reports:

Thanks
Jarrett

1 Like

Jarrett,

Thank you that is what I want.

Bill

1 Like

ojones,

I imported the Chiclet slicer, but I can’t find the format control to get it to display going from left-to-right instead of top-to-bottom.

@BillK,

Looks like it might be a sort order issue. Please post a sample PBIX file so that I can know for certain, or figure out if it is something else.

Thanks
Jarrett

Here is a file showing it going top to bottom, left to right.
I want left to right, top to bottom
Chiclet Slicer Orientation.pbix (187.5 KB)

@BillK,

In the format options, under General, set the Orientation to Horizontal and you should be good to go.

• Brian
1 Like

Brian,

Thanks, that is what I was looking for.

Bill