Help with dynamic bucketing in matrix visual in Power BI

Hello Internet! So I have received a report with a smilar bucketing as show below in the dummy file attached. The report attached has a parameter which the user can change and according to that the bucket values in the matrix dynamically change to display minimum, average and maximum weight in that specific range.

The Weight Bridge table is a generated series from values 0-400 which is connected to the weight values in the “forecasting” table via a relationship.

The lowest weight value is 20 and the highest value is 400. And the measures such as “min_weight”, “max_weight” and “avg. weight” are created by referencing the values in the weight bridge along with the value selected in the parameter which deterines the bucket size.

The objective is to display the values at the top of the matrix in the form “0-50”, “50-100”, etc. instead of how it is displayed right now (as singular numbers “0”, “50”, etc.)

And this display should dynamically change as the parameter value is changed. So if it is set to 100 then it should display the buckets “0-100”, “100-200”, “200-300”, “300-400”.

Have tried a few things but cant figure it out as to display it like that we would have to change the data type of the column from numeric to string.

If anyone has any ideas that might work, I will really appreciate listening to it! Any input is welcome. Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Here is the link to the dummy pbix: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o77l9WeMbOZXHSk8KOwv8X8Mc-osPAaV/view?usp=sharing

Hi @JohnMenx - Can you attach the PBIX file here.

Thanks
Ankit J

dummy.pbix (247.1 KB)
Hello ankit, here is the file!

Bumping this post for more visibility from our experts and users.

Hi @JohnMenx - I have created a separate table same as Weight and created Range column. Please check if you can work with this to dynamically change value on Matrix using the new column. Here I am keeping bucket as 25.

dummy.pbix (250.9 KB)

Thanks
Ankit J

Hello @JohnMenx

Did the responses above help solve your query?

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark the answer as the SOLUTION by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then tick the check box beside SOLUTION

Thank you

Hi @JohnMenx

Due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”.

If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

We request you to kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey,.

We hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!