Help with Debuging

Hey all,

I have been trying to debug this weird issue. That I am unable to figure out what might be causing this.

Scenario.

1. I have a Date Table - used as a slicer

2. I Created a DatePeriods Table. - also used as a slicer

The Idea is that When Custom Date is selected, Dates Slicer becomes Active and When MTD is selected, It Becomes Inactive

for this I have a measure:

DateSlicer Active/Inactive = 
SWITCH(TRUE(),
                  SELECTEDVALUE(DatePeriods[Order]) = 2, 
                  0)

This Logic works as expected on page 1, but on page 2, it doesn’t work properly.

I feel it has to be something simple that I am not able to see right now. So, sharing the sample report here.

It would be great if you could help me figure it out.

S&R.pbix (795.3 KB)

Hi there,

Did you mark your date table as a date table?

You have many to many relationship on both table. That might your problem Many to many relationships should be avoid as much as possible.

Try changing your “Date Table” to one and Many to DatePeriods Table. (on the Date Field for both tables)

I hope this helps.

Keith

1 Like

Hey Keith - Thank you

I managed to resolve the issue.

The purpose having this many to many relationship is only to help with implementation of “DatePeriod” Slicer including deactivating the date slicer when MTD is selected.

so many to many relationship is not used in any other analysis of the report.

I am able to resolve it by making the relationship as a two way relationship, and setting the filter interaction such that “DatePeriod” Slicer filters Date Slicer and not the other way around.