Grouping products / Customers

Greetings to all,

I hope you are well. I have come across an issue in our mode. I am trying to group products or Customers into virtual group. Unfortunately the standard grouping option is disabled in our mode. Can you help with a DAX to achieve the grouping?

Example:

Excel layout:

BRAND Group Name
brand1 TEST
brand2 TEST
brand3 TEST
brand4 TEST
brand5 TEST

Hi @neilonbooysen

You can create calculated column like below

HI all

Thanks for the response, so i see you make reference to the new table created. .Unfortunately my model has blocked that as well. in the meantime i tried to use a quick measure to create this group with the filter function

Grouping Test =
CALCULATE(
[Sales YTD],
‘Product’[BRAND] IN {
“brand1”,
“brand2”,
“brand3”,
“brand4”,
“brand5”,
“brand16”,
)

This returned some values but every single line had the same amount. and reading to the blogs , it seems i am missing something in my formula but i dont know what. Please help :slight_smile:

@neilonbooysen,

Your DAX actually looks spot on to me , and to confirm that I replicated your measure using the External Tools Practice Dataset, and it performs exactly as expected per the screenshot below:

Thus, I am left to the conclusion that the problem lies somewhere in your data model. If you can please provide a copy of your PBIX file, or at minimum a screenshot of your data model that will help us sort out exactly what the problem is and how to fix it.

Thanks.

– Brian

Thanks Brian , as frustrating as it is they have blocked us from seeing the data model.

Hi @neilonbooysen

Customer filter overrides from Measure.

Change the measure like below

Thanks so Much Rajesh, Thats works perfectly!!! :ok_hand: