Group consolidate Currencies

Hi, i am looking for some help regarding currencies.

I have a group of companies, 10 in total all have different trading currencies, i have loaded each companies transactions into PBI at the entity trading currency (not document currency) so e.g. UK in GBP, USA in USD and CAN in CAD etc. Normally when doing this i just need to consolidate the transactions into 1 final group currency e.g. USD which i can do but for this report i need the flexibility to consolidate into whatever currency is chosen via the slicer so could be GBP, USD, CAD etc.

My exchange rate table that i have is coming in direct from the same database and and is in months and the database only has the flexibility to set to 1 consolidation currency which in this case is USD so i have all my rates giving a conversion to USD but i need to use this same table to convert into other consolidation currencies.

Any help pointers to videos / youtube clips would be appreciated, thanks

Hi @BCS
You could check out this video and see if it could help get the right solution.

Solving currency conversion - Unplugged #14

Simple Currency Conversion in Power BI w/DAX

1 Like

Hi @BCS. My incomplete submission to Challenge 9 from last year may be of help, as it tackled a similar issue. Here’s the link to my online report and writeup

If you’re a member, you can grab the PBIX from the learning centre.

Hope this helps.
Greg

1 Like

Thanks @Greg and @BolajiO for your help with this, i think i’ve sussed it!

Hello @BCS, good to know that you are making progress with your inquiry.

Please don’t forget if your question has been answered within the forum it is important to mark your thread as ‘solved’.

We request you to kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, We hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!