Formula for Budget Vs Actual when Revenues are Positives and Expenses are negatives (In a Matrix)

Hello @BrianJ,

You’re Welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m glad that I was able to help our member on this query. :+1:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

1 Like

@Harsh … you the man! :clap:

1 Like

@Harsh @BrianJ @AntrikshSharma and everyone else you have my sincerest thanks.

I want to give this a careful look with a fresh set of eyes either this evening or in the morning. You all have been an amazing resource.

Hello @agagnon,

You’re Welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

We all are happy that we were able to help you. :+1:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Awesome collaboration @BrianJ, @Harsh, and @AntrikshSharma! Thank you for all your efforts in answering this query.

Hi @agagnon , did the responses provided help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

@EnterpriseDNA @Harsh I am finding that when I load my actual data into the provided PBIX file my actuals look like the same as my accounting system generated statement of operations but the budget is not. The budget to actual difference looks like it works so I am just going to play around with the formula for budget to see if I can get it the last way before reaching out.

i would use the same as actuals but just go opposite for your budget. :slight_smile:

do things in steps :slight_smile:
keith

@EnterpriseDNA @Harsh @Keith

The problem was a very silly mistake on my part. I have 3 budget versions and when I imported the data in I did not add a slicer to only keep the budget I wanted to look at so it was adding them all up. This looks like the problem is solved and I will mark as done. Thank you all so much for taking time out of your day to help, its greatly appreciated.

1 Like

@Harsh, I want to be like you when I grow up. This blew my mind.

2 Likes

Hello @SonOfWilliam,

Firstly, I would like to Welcome you to our community forum. It’s really great to have you here. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m really, really happy that you liked liked my post.

And I send you my best regards and wish you all the luck that you achieve everything that you wish to aspire. All the very best my friend. :+1:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

1 Like