Format header rows according to their hierarchy

Hello,

I’ve researched a lot on the internet but I haven’t found the answer to what I’m looking for, and that I show in the attached image.
It’s important to note that I can only use Power BI custom visuals.

I appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Joao Monteiro
02.10 - Average sales per customer.pbix (2.1 MB)

Bumping this post for more visibility.

Hi @JoaoMonteiro

Have searched and also tested on my system and I agree, currently there doesn’t seems to be any option available to have different formatting for different Row Headers in Power BI. It is only available for Values.

Do mark this post as closed if there is no other query.

Thanks
Ankit J

1 Like

Hi @JoaoMonteiro , as mentioned by @ankit, there seems to be no solution to your query. Kindly close this post by marking any comment as solution. Thanks!

Hi @ankit

Power BI is undoubtedly a very powerful tool, but incomprehensibly with many limitations in the field of customizing default visuals.
Thank you very much for the effort.

Regards
Joao Monteiro

1 Like

Yes, Visualisation wise they are still catching up with other Tools. As they have monthly releases so they are making good and steady progress.

Have you considered using Sam’s method of a template (like in the financial reports) to present your data, instead of a matrix?

This would put your data into a standard table, and then you could use a rule like this to shade the proper rows:

2 Likes

Hi @Heather

I’m going to watch the course, but from the introductory videos it looks amazing.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards
Joao Monteiro

2 Likes

it is a complex method, but once you master it, using templates can open a whole new world. Hopefully it will help with your goal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Heather

I was using my free time to study DAX, but I will now share that time with this course.
Thanks

Regards
JM

2 Likes

Hi @JoaoMonteiro , did the response provided by the users and experts help you solve your query?

If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further?

If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.