Fiscal or calendar year visual filter

Hello all
My visual has all the values by accountID and month-Year.
I would like to know how can i choose between calendar year and fiscal year to see those values.
My dates table already has these columns
Fiscal
My year calendar is numeric and i would like to choose between specific dates, for example, from 1/1 till 10/8.
I’ve search a lot of Sam’s videos but i didn’t find any.
Thanks a lot
Pedro

Hi @pedroccamara,

I fail to see the issue…

If all columns you named are in fact attributes of your date table then you can just drop them in your visual. Just be mindful to only select Fiscal attributes in that visual, so don’t mix non-fiscal with fiscal attributes in the same visual.

Hey @Melissa!
Glad for your answer. Let me explain exactly what i need, cose maybe i have to change my date table.
For a certain date periode, let’s say from january 17-2020 till August 27-2020 i want to see all my sales but, i want to choose fiscal or calendar year, for that period, you know?

Duplicate your Page, set 1 page up for Calendar Years and set the other up for Fiscal Years.
Add Buttons to your Report with Page navigation, so you can switch between the two.

1 Like

and what if i would like to have it in just one page, with the same matrix visual?

i would agree with @Melissa. coming from a finance point a view. Don’t mix the two.

Would be confusing to the reader

I want to agree with you but let me ask you this: it would be confusing with that togle button or filter to choose from?

i would use a separate page and have filter on that page only

1 Like

will do
Thanks for the advice.

welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like