Filter date tables with date value from other tables without relationship

Hi everybody,
I am struggeling with a topic. I have this model, which has a ‘Date Table’ and an ‘Item Table’. Both filtering the ‘Invoiced Transactions’ Table. The ‘Date Table’ has a relationship to the ‘Invoiced Transactions’ between the columns ‘Date’ and ‘Sales Date’ and the Item Table has a relationship to the ‘Invoiced Transactions’ table between the columns ‘Item’ and ‘Item’. I can’t change the relationships.

And I want to calculate the Sales after the product release date. I want to set the Product Release Date as beginning date value for the calculation of the Revenue past 3 month. So that I get the correct revenue after release.

Revenue past 3 month =
CALCULATE(
SUM(‘Invoiced Transactions’[Sales]),
DATEADD(‘Date Table’[Date],-3, MONTH))

Something like:
Revenue past 3 month =
CALCULATE(
SUM(‘Invoiced Transactions’[Sales]),
DATEADD(MAX(‘Item’[Product Release Date],-3, MONTH))

Can somebody help?

Calculating Sales from Product Release Date.pbix (63.9 KB)

Hi @Steven1
Did you mark the Date table as a date table? That might be your problem

I hope this helps.
Keith

1 Like

Bumping this post for more visibility from our experts and users.

Hi Keith,
thanks for the answer. The key problem is the right formula. Mark the Date table change nothing.

Kind regards,
Steven1

Hi @Steven1

We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now.
Looks like your inquiry was out of the expert’s and users’ bounds.

If you were sure you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education, so we advise that you check these resources as well.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!