Exporting DataModel with measures

Hello, I am fairly new and am still going through the courses. I am working on creating a well defined data models with all the calculated measures which i will be using in excel as a dataset. So my front end would be excel but in the background it would be accessing dataset that i have created in PowerBI.
My question is, can i publish the datamodel or the dataset with measures that i have built and will they be accessible on Excel?
Or do i need to have “Calculated columns” created for all the calculation that i need from my raw data?
regards,
Kuber

I can confirm that you will have access to the measures - but you will not be able to edit or see how they are written (so be careful with your naming).

Screenshot of measures showing in Excel Pivot table layout:

Screenshot of measures in use in Excel Pivot table:

The dataset has been published (by me) to PowerBi.com, and accessed via the “Analyze in Excel link”.
I can confirm that other users who are given build access to the dataset are able to use this as well.

Excellent. Thank you very much @Heather I will try doing the process in excel.

happy to help - one additional note that I should have included above is that your report consumers will need to have at least read access to the dataset

1 Like

Hello @kuberkgupta It’s great to know that you are making progress with your query.

Please don’t forget if your question has been answered within the forum it is important to mark your thread as ‘solved’.

We request you to kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey,We hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!