Export dataset into a excel file from Power BI Service about 150k rows data?

Export dataset into excel file from Power BI Service above 150k rows data?? any R script or Python code. ??? Pleas help I am stuck

Hello @khurram,

Thank you for posting the query onto the Forum.

Would like to ask something.

How are you trying to export the data?

1. The report which you’ve published into the Power BI Service and then trying to export the data from there.

2. The report published by third - person onto the Power BI Service and then trying to export the data from there to Excel.

Thanks & Regards,
Harsh

1. The report which I have published into the Power BI Service and then trying to export the data from there.

There is a limit 150k rows data we can export into excel. I need around 1 million rows data through any possible way.

1. The report which I have published into the Power BI Service and then trying to export the data from there.

There is a limit 150k rows data we can export into excel. I need around 1 million rows data through any possible way.

Hello @khurram,

I would like to state two options here -

1. You can Paginate the URL Parameters in your report and that will be really helpful to you in order to download large datasets from Power BI Service and you can also escape from extensive coding procedures.

2. You can download the report in batches of 1,50,000 rows which I think will be tedious task to to.

My recommendation to you would be to try option 1 where you can download large datasets in no time instead of trying it out manually.

I’m providing a link below which will help you achieve the given task in more efficient way and will not require a single line of code in Python or R or in SQL.

Paginated URL Parameters

Hoping find this useful and helps you to achieve the result that you’re looking for.

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Harsh

Hi, @khurram did the response provided by @Harsh help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get, and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

To the contributor of this post. Thank you for sharing your experiences around Power BI, please don’t hesitate to add more discussion or add value to wherever you think you possess the experience or knowledge that can help others in our Ecosystem Group. You can also help us in improving the Support forum further by answering the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey. We appreciate the initiative and your help in this group!