Excel Workout 10 - Pivot Table 2

Welcome to Excel Workout #10!
Difficulty Level:

This week’s challenge is designed to test your knowledge on Pivot Tables.

Pivot Tables
Pivot tables in Excel are powerful tools for data analysis that allow you to summarize and analyze large amounts of data quickly and easily. Pivot tables allow you to create summary reports from large data sets by grouping, filtering, and sorting data based on different criteria.

Goals
Please follow the directions given below, which include downloading the Excel worksheet required to perform the challenge tasks. Once you have completed the download, proceed to take the challenge and test your skills.

Task

1. Calculate Sales in Euro for each Store

2. Examine the sales figures for each store in the
    coming year, comparing them to the previous year’s
    figures using both absolute differences and
    percentage differences.

3. Compute the cumulative totals for each store on
    an annual basis, expressed in Euros and as a
    percentage.

Submission
Reply to this post with your formula code and solution file. Please be sure to blur or hide your formula code.

Period
This workout will be released on Thursday April 27, 2023 , and the author’s solution will be posted on Wednesday May 3, 2023 .

Challenge #10.xlsx (8.4 MB)

Good luck,

Ilgar Zarbaliyev

For Difference with preveious years Steps

All values are sales figure in Value field list what makes it different is the Show value As.

For the other part, I will be showing the Step 2 and 3 only.

Sales % Difference

Cumulative Sales

Cumulative Sales %

Quadri Solution to Challenge #10.xlsx (8.5 MB)

Quadri Atharu | LinkedIn

1 Like

Here is my file.

Challenge #10.xlsx (1.8 MB)

1 Like

@IlgarZarbaliyev, Thank you for considering the suggestion and adding the report. It helps us and we can solve the task without confusion.

I have followed the same steps as excellently demonstrated by @QuadriAtharuOlayinka. I don’t want to clutter here.

Challenge #10.xlsx (8.5 MB)

2 Likes

Seeing the sample made it easier for me to comprehend it as well.

1 Like

Thank you for your active participation, @QuadriAtharuOlayinka . You are doing great! Congrats!

1 Like

Hi @IlgarZarbaliyev

Thank you for the Workout on pivot Tables. Its a good review for me.

Please see attached file
Excel Workout Challenge #10 Keith Smith.xlsx (8.5 MB)

Pivot table Headings for Difference, Difference % , Cumulative Sales, and Cumulative %
is on sheet1 within the file.

thanks
Keith

1 Like

Challenge #10 Saoban Lateefat.xlsx (8.5 MB)

1 Like

Thank you for participating in the Excel Challenge related to Pivot Tables! I hope you found this challenge to be a fun and engaging way to improve your Excel skills and learn more about how to work with Pivot Table in Excel.

Here is my solution to Workout #10:

Challenge #10 with Solution.xlsx (8.5 MB)

Once again, thank you for participating in this Excel Challenge, and I look forward to seeing you in future challenges and learning opportunities!

Just loved this workout! Never realized how powerful Pivot Tables are in summarizing and analyzing data.

Additionally, I’ve visualized Sales and Cumulative % Sales graphically, along with a Slicer to gain quick insights.

Find the report here:
C10_Pivots2_Homesh.xlsx (186.2 KB)

1 Like

That is great. Thank you

@IlgarZarbaliyev - Another interesting way into Pivot Table. Thank you for this workout

Snapshot of PivotTable:

Here’s my workout file: Challenge #10.xlsx (8.5 MB)

1 Like

Awesome!