Error Combining Data Of Two Tables

I am trying to replicate these two “pivot” tables here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QwfV0DWBc_5B68K45g-fT6Z1DjiXsLHY/view?usp=sharing so that i can do calculations between the two.

Currently my data model does not allow to filter between these two tables. It gives an error when i select columns from both sets. What am i doing wrong?

PBIX:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/186vsjbqclSXB4m5LGwdp3agMQ6-63LDs/view?usp=sharing

well, the biggest issue you have is that even through you are trying to match the Brand column in both tables, there will never be a match between these.

Here is your “Sheet3” table, with Brand column filtered to everything that includes “Sunlight”
Note that the word “Sunlight” does not appear on it’s own.

Now here, is your “Sheet1” table, and you’ll notice that the Brand column only has the word “Sunlight”

My recommendation would be to combine these tables via the SKU (which is called Brand on your Sheet3), not the Brand (which does not really exist on your Sheet3 even though you have a column with that name.
A true Brand connection would have to be a many-to-many connection - since Sheet3 is basically your Products table, each product should only be listed once, while every Brand would be listed multiple times in both tables.

1 Like

I am not sure why you need a second table. All data needed is in just one table.
You would also need a date table.
My recommendation is to follow the following video training modules.

1 Like

It’s great to know that you are making progress with your query @Yrstruly . Please don’t forget if your question has been answered within the forum it is important to mark your thread as ‘solved’. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Yrstruly, did the response provided by @alexbadiu and @Heather help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi @Yrstruly, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 31st of March. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @Yrstruly, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

We’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!