Enterprise DNA Certification

Hi All,

About to undertake the Enterprise DNA Certification, however unable to locate the specific resource pack for each module. Where do I get these. Do I just use the resource packs from Ultimate Beginners Guide to DAX etc.

Apologies if I have overlooked something, or this has been covered before.

Thanks

@dmac009,

Here’s the top-level page:

Under each of the modules is a zip file with the resources you’ll need to complete that module.

I hope this is helpful.

• Brian
1 Like

:grinning: I need a holiday…… Thank you!

@dmac009,

Before you undertake the certification I hope you don’t mind if I offer the following food for thought…

The certification program is great. I’ve done it myself and learned a lot from it, and if the certificate itself is important for your professional progress then definitely go for it. However, from a sheer learning standpoint, I think the Data Challenges offer even more learning and growth opportunities than the certification modules.

Being able to replicate a moderately complex report is valuable, but developing your own report from a short brief and a detailed dataset to me is a much better test of real-world Power BI skills. In addition, you get feedback and interaction with the entire eDNA community, and amazingly Sam does a detailed write up/review of every entry received, highlighting positive aspects and making constructive suggestions for improvement. Plus from a development standpoint, you build a really impressive portfolio of your own work by participating in these challenges over time.

There’s absolutely no reason why you couldn’t do both, but if your time is limited I think the Data Challenges provide the peak learning experience (@sam.mckay has spoken frequently about how much he has learned from participating). Plus, they are are a ton of fun and there’s a real sense of community and support among the participants.

• Brian
4 Likes

Yes, I recently noticed a complete change over for Enterprise DNA certification pattern.

Really Appreciate @sam.mckay and team for their Certification pattern change.

Though I was half way in existing certification process, happy to start with the new challenges.

In particular I love - the certification requires the need for participation in forum groups and submit newest challenges available.

In addition, if we have small scenarios/tasks or Quiz at the end of every modules (Advanced DAX, Time Intelligence and such) to test our understandings may build more confidence.

Appreciate over all effort

Cheers, Vi

2 Likes

@vignesh,

Thanks very much for the update. I knew @sam.mckay and the Enterprise DNA team were working on revising the requirements, but I didn’t realize the changes had already been implemented.

Good luck with certification, and I look forward to seeing your entries in the upcoming Challenges!

• Brian
2 Likes

Yes flicked it over on a Friday, announcement happening early next week.

We’re making so many small improvement it’s hard to keep up with all the announcement blogs!

3 Likes

@sam.mckay, Clear explanation and challenging one to be certified.

While I completing courses, I wish to suggest a section with questions to test our skills learnt in the particular course.

Say, In Time intelligence course - we can have a scenarios as testing skills in the end ( Eg : suggest a DAX code to measure annual sales growth or difference between Date YTD, SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR) and such, tests the ability and increase the confidence of completing particular course.

cheers, Vi

1 Like

It’s really a great idea @vignesh

1 Like

For now you can make do with this:
https://info.enterprisedna.co/dax-guide/dax-quizzes/

1 Like

Do a quick search on YouTube for Power BI Quiz and you will find a number of them by some of the leading Power BI people out there.

Guy