Enlighten Data Story

Hi,
I have am trying to use the Enlighten Data Story Visual.

It works just fine when I have to write one long text with multiple measures.

What I want to do is use it for small sentences with a 1 line gap between them.

eg:
Sentence1 [measure1]

Sentence2 [measure2]

Sentence3 [measure3]

IS this possible with “Enlighten Data Story” Visual ?

Hi @jps,

There are several youtube videos on the subject.

Thanks
Keith

Hey @Keith

Thanks for responding. I have gone through several videos. but I didn’t find any one that talked about it using it this way. So I thought id ask the experts here who might have experience with this visualization

1 Like

@jps ,

I’m looping in @Greg here. He used to use this visual pretty extensively before switching over to SmartNarrative.

• Brian

sorry for trying to help

Hi @jps. I’ve used Smart Narratives exclusively since they were released about a year ago. Prior to that, as @BrianJ said, I used Enlighten Data Story but AFAIK you can’t insert line breaks. I’d go with Smart Narratives unless there’s a compelling reason not to.
Greg

1 Like

Hi @Greg

Thanks for that. Ill Explore Smart Narative and see if that can serve the purpose.
Appreciate your response.

Hey @Keith Why Sorry, ?

I really appreciate your support.

1 Like

@jps ,

I stumbled onto something last week re: SmartNarrative that you may find helpful. If you right click on a visual and select “Summarize”, it will automatically build a SmartNarrative structure for you. The specific narrative it builds likely won’t be that good, but the general structure is then easily modifiable to the text and values you want to use.

Previously, I’d always built these from scratch, but I think this is now a faster way to do it.

Here are two excellent vids on Smart Narrative, starting with my man @Greg’s:

I hope this is helpful.

• Brian
2 Likes

@BrianJ

Thank you. I was actually experimenting with this feature but couldn’t figure it out.

This is exactly what I needed. Both the Videos are very helpful. Thank you @Greg

1 Like

@jps ,

Yeah, it’s definitely not as intuitive as it could be, but once you get the hang of it it’s a really valuable visual.

Glad to hear that got you what you needed.

• Brian
1 Like