Embedded Power BI

Hello Friends,

I have developed let’s say 20 Power BI packages/apps and each of them have at least 3 reports in it, so roughly a total of 60 reports.

Now, I want to embed that to a website with the scrolling capability. I am facing issues in that. Can someone please help me with that?

Here’s an overview of the problems.

To get the scroll we will have to stack power bi packages down the page. So when you click on Account Details the page will load its 3 reports/tabs- Calls, Payments, Portal as 3 separate embedded reports. This causes 2 main issues:

The filtering issue:

Because the 3 reports are now separated (not in the same package and navigated through the use of bookmarks) each one would have its own filters that are not affected by others.

The View/Click inflation issue:

Let’s say that a client wanted to see how many texts we sent out yesterday. Currently, they would open the Account package and then click the Call page. This would load 1 package and be treated as 1 click/view because Call is within the Account detail package.

With the scrolling concept, the user would click on Account Details and then we would load all 3 individual reports (Calls, Payments, Portal) at the same time which would count as 3 clicks/views.

Along with this, to accomplish the filtering issue above I would have to reload the reports with the updated filter selection so in this example every time someone changed the service location, physician, etc you would get 3 more click/views. Also, the reload might be annoying if you’re constantly filtering to find certain metrics.

Have someone done something that can help me sort this filtering issue to work on all pages or different packages. Also for the record, I will be just using Filter Pane to filter data and no slicer will be on a page/report/tab.

For the view click inflation issue, you could try grouping measures into filter selection. This could reduce your report into just one page.

Instruction on how to do that is in here:

This is based on what I understand from your issue. If this is not what you want, could you try adding some images to illustrate your point. It will help!

Thanks for posting your question @skathuria. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

Hello @ctvv3010,

Thanks for the response. But this is not what I wanted. Let me explain a little more.
So let say I have one Sales Dashboard PBIX file and one Account Payable PBIX file. Both are independent of each other and are two different files.

I will be using Power BI embedded to embed those files in my website. But, I want to do that with scrolling capability, ie, one beneath the other. Also, there won’t be any slicer in any page of any of these files as I will be using the filter panes to add the required filters which a user can choose based on their requirement to filter data.

Now, I can make a filter pane that can be used for all of these reports. I want it to sync to all pages. Also, I will be using buttons at the top of the page to navigate between the pages. But the scrolling part is most important as we need to make it look like a web page of a website.

I hope I am more clear with my requirement now. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks to the contributors of this post. Due to the length by which this post has been active, we are tagging it as Solved. For further questions related to this post, please make a new thread.

But this is still unsolved as I haven’t got any response to my requirement

Hi @skathuria, we’ve noticed that you posted on an inactive and previously tagged solved topic. For more visibility please start a new topic within the forum. You may check this how-to guide for reference - How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-use-the-enterprise-dna-support-forum/3951