Each transaction in my fact table has one quantity amount issued

Hello,

My fact table contains millions of rows of transactions over many years. Each transaction is a violation type, parking fine amount, address, time and date. There may be multiple types of tickets, on the same day, at the same time and at multiple locations etc. The only caveat is that the transaction number (ie Ticket number) must be unique.

So, my question is, I am using Countrows as my “Quantity” measure:

Total Transactions = COUNTROWS ( ‘Jan 2016 to July 2021’ )

Will this present a problem for me later on in my analysis?

Hope this is clear about what I’m asking. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi @Hermann007, good to see you back in the forum again :slight_smile:

I noticed you didn’t provide a PBIX file. Providing one will help users and experts find a solution to your inquiry faster and better.

A perfect initial question includes all of the following:

• A clear explanation of the problem you are experiencing

• A mockup of the results you want to achieve

• Your current work-in-progress PBIX file

• Your underlying data file (to allow us to go into Power Query if necessary to transform your data and/or data model – often DAX questions really end up being data modeling solutions)

Check out this thread on Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

Not completing your data may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

1 Like

Hi @Hermann007, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since August 14

We are waiting for the masked demo pbix file.

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

1 Like

Hi @Hermann007 -

Not sure what the question is. If checking COUNTROWS will cause any issues w.r.t to performance, then answer will be no, it won’t cause any issues.

If query is different, then please provide more information. Also, it is always better to share the sample PBIX file for analysis, however it may or may not be required here depending on actual query.

Thanks
Ankit Jain

1 Like

Hi @Hermann007, did the response provided by @ankit help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi @ @Hermann007, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since August 14. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @Hermann007, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.