Dynamically Change Donut Charts

I’m trying to have my donut charts change dynamically when I select a Branch.

They have connections to the model but wont change. Is it because the donut chart is just looking at the specific columns?

New Categorized Counts 01 - 30 - 2023 - Copy.pbix (17.9 MB)

Bumping this post for more visibility from our experts and users.

1 Like

HI @michael.gyure - The reason is there is no Relationship b/w Branches Table used in table visual and Customer Table used in Donut visual as they both are Dimension tables connected with Uncategorized Counts (Fact Table).

For enabling filtering, Relationship needs to be established b/w Branch/Customer or a Measure needs to be used that enable that relationship.

Thanks
Ankit J

Hello @michael.gyure

Did the responses above help solve your query?

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark the answer as the SOLUTION by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then tick the check box beside SOLUTION

Thank you

Hi @michael.gyure

We’ve noticed that no response was received from you on the post above.

Just following up if you still require assistance to solve your inquiry.

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

So I created a relationship but the issue is that I might have to create a formula because they are inactive relationships.

Yes. your understanding is correct. Measure needs to be created in Fact table to enable filtering.

Thanks
Ankit J

Hello @michael.gyure

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark the answer as the SOLUTION by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then tick the check box beside SOLUTION

Thank you

I’m not sure how to use DAX to make the relationship “active.” My pie chart visuals are calculated columns.

I tried the USERELATIONSHIP function, but I don’t have the two columns I need to be looking at as the relationship. The two connected inactive relationships are Contact Index to Contact Index, Customer Index to Customer Index and Ship To Index to Ship To Index.

The columns I need in the DAX formula are the branch info and a calculated column in my separate tables.

Hi @michael.gyure - Check below. it is not possible to create relationship b/w Branch and Customer as there is nothing common b/w them. In this case we have to depend on Fact table. What I have done is created two measures.

Categorized Customer and Uncategorized Customer based on data in Fact table and used them in the Pie chart. They are giving similar values but not exactly same as expected.

They will be interactive based on Branches. Please check and let me know if any other help is needed.

New Categorized Counts 01 - 30 - 2023 - Copy (1).pbix (17.9 MB)

Thanks
Ankit J

How would I add a date run function to the DAX? Right now it wont work if there is a date filter on the page.

Hi @michael.gyure - Not sure what you mean. I have tried adding Date Run filter from “Uncategorized Counts” table and it is working as expected. I hope you are checking the new Visual I have created. Also, for further help. Please mark this as solved and raise a new ticket.

Thanks
Ankit J

Hello @michael.gyure

Thank you

Hi @michael.gyure

Due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”.

If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

We request you to kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey,.

We hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!