Dynamic grouping into quadrants

@harvey, @DaveC,

Very clever approach. Great point that while typically dummy variables are coded 0/1, there’s absolutely no reason why you can’t relax that assumption for cases like this one. Shows the flexibility of expressing them as numbers, rather than T/F. :+1:

• Brian
1 Like

Any ideas of how we could bring in a legend? For example, using a classification from the BCG Matrix:

1 would be the intersect of high sales rank and high margin products, more like “Stars”
2 would be the intersect of low sales rank and high margin products, say “Question Marks”
3 would be the intersect of high sales rank but low margin products, which are “Cash Cows”
4 would be the low sales rank and low margin products, “Dogs”

Harvey

Indeed, I do. Check out the custom legend @MudassirAli built for his redesign of my Where in the World is Enterprise DNA report:

This is actually composed of four separate one cell tables, each one tied to a separate condition in the filter pane ( [Quartile] = 1, [Quartile] = 2, etc.).

It’s a bit fiddly getting all the table visuals lined up and looking like a single visual, but I think the final effect is great. Looping in @MudassirAli to see if he has any additional advice.

• Brian
2 Likes

This is the only way I could think of building Dynamic Custom Legends. The other way would be to use bookmarks but still not better than the trick I used in this map. The solution which @Harvey is looking for can be best achieved with the Table Visual trick used to build the custom legend. You can surely let us know if you need help.

Thanks,
Mudassir

2 Likes