Dynamic gauge chart using deneb

Hi DNA Enterprise,

I want to recreate the gauge chart you have using deneb… but my problem i have this dynamically dax formula that changes on what slicer you will choose…

see sample

and the deneb that i was trying to recreate is this with the same format for labels and legend on the above pbi chart

is there a possible way on how im will be able to achieve this one.

thanks
sample.pbix (2.5 MB)

Hi @sgrady.

Your sample contains only a native Power BI gauge visual (and slicers) and no Deneb visual at all. If you still have issues after creating your Deneb visual please taks a screenshot of your work-in-progress and mark-it-up with your expected outcome (and, of course, attach you work-in-progress PBIX).

Additional insights into gauge visuals using Deneb may be found in some existing threads in the Deneb Showcase of the eDNA forum:

Hope this helps.
Greg

2 Likes

Hi Gregm

I will try some recommendations and see if this work…thanks

Hi Greg,

I tried the recommendations that you sent, but my problem is, its showing a whole circle rather than a half one…

Ideally, its should be dynamically changed on depends on slicer will it choose…

is there a way for a deneb to have dynamically changed the value?

and also my chart to be half one also…
sample.pbix (2.5 MB)

Hi @sgrady

I’m not sure what you’re expected outcome is exactly, as your screenshot isn’t marked-up. I’m guessing that the native Power BI gauge should have “1.49” label instead of “1”, and so while the label is correct in your Deneb gauge, the ring is not. [I changed the data type to decimal number and the number of decimal places to 2, and now it the 2 visuals align better.]

The data you’ve provided to the Deneb visual (copy made and turned into a table for clarity) is a single row, with [Metric to show] = 1.49 and [Degrees] = 270.
eDNA Forum - Deneb Gauge - 1

(By the way, the DAX code in your [Metric to show] measure, while well formatted and easy to read, is by far the largest code I’ve ever seen in a Power BI report [359 lines!].)

Regardless, it is the calculation of the [_ring_end_radians] in the transform block that is determining the ring end; I’ve arbitrarily added a divide-by-2 as an illustration.

You’ll need to adjust the calculation of the [_ring_end_radians] value to be as you want.

Hope this helps.
Greg
eDNA Forum - Deneb Gauge.pbix (2.5 MB)

Hi Greg,

Thanks for reply… what im trying to figure out is, if I change my slicer to sales, will it be possible to dynamically change the deneb chart like in the normal pbi charts…here;s sample for normal pbi chart

for the deneb one I want it also to show a gauge chart but with the deneb customed visual

like its dynamically changes the value form decimal to whole number, depend on what selection you choose in the slicer

thanks!

HI @sgrady. When you provide the same data then the 2 visuals (Deneb and native Power BI) will respond the same. I reiterate that the issue is with you calculation of the [_ring_end_radians] item in the “transform” block. As a start, use a table to ensure the data changes as you wish; then you can provide the same data to the Deneb visual. I’m guessing that you want to provide 3 values (instead of the current 2) to the Deneb visual: [Metric to show], [Degrees], and (something like) [Metric max value]. That way you can make the desired adjustments to the [_ring_end_radians] calculation.

Hope it helps.
Greg