Dynamic Date Slicer - Updating X-Axis

Hi awesome community, hope you guys are okay. How can I have a dynamic date slicer which updates x-axis similar to this link? As you can see, the x-axis were dynamically updating when selecting a slicer i.e… year, month, etc. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

CTTO: https://www.novypro.com/project/call-center-analysis-1

It looks like he’s using field parameters. It’s a rather new feature to Power BI. Here’s a good video to go off of:

If this doesn’t quite do what you’re looking for, let me know and I can dig deeper.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time on this @Zherkezhi, thought it was as well but it wasn’t. The origin of the report was contacted me few days ago and said that it was a hierarchical dates on the x-axis. It is quite easy to use having the drilldown feature but having a slicer is the one that I am trying to do. :slight_smile:

Hi @ronald_balza - Can refer to the below Video tutorial. It is making use of Separate table to create Dynamic Date slicer.

I have made slight changes to their code to show values based on the slicers like for Month it will show “Month and Year” etc.

Dynamic Date Axis.pbix (6.2 MB)

Thanks
Ankit J

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time on this @ankit. Although, it is not the exact thing that what is on the link I’ve shared, I appreciate your time and effort on this. :slight_smile: