Dynamic control chart using m

Hi,

I am trying to create a scorecard using the matrix, but having trouble working out how to create a dynamic sparkline chart with actual compare to target. Do you have any videos I can refer to and provide an idea on how I can create a dynamic sparkline. I would prefer to place in matrix so I do not need to deal with trying to align many different visuals to the same row. (they tend to go out of alignment over time.)

Thanks in advance.
Elizabeth

@ElizabethTachjian,

The Microsoft Power KPI visual let you do this quite easily:

You may also want to check out the OKViz sparkline custom visual by the SQLbi guys:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380910?tab=Overview

Hope this is helpful.

• Brian

Hi Brian,

I tried the 2 and they are not reliable hence trying to move away from the custom visual. Any idea how to create a sparkline using a power bi matrix.

Hi @ElizabethTachjian,

There is no way you can create sparklines ‘out of the box’ inside a table. But you could use SVG images to create sparklines. See here for a showcase on this technique:

Hi @ElizabethTachjian, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since February 26, 2020. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. You may reopen a new thread when the need arises.

Hi Brian,

My apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for SVG image sparklines. I will give it a try.

Cheers
Elizabeth