Duplicate values are not displaying in table visual

I need to display data in a table visual. Rows that may look as duplicates are only displayed once. In the image below there should be two records for Labor Hours 0.50.

Once I add a unique value to the table such as a primary key then the second 0.50 entry is displayed.

The Engineer column comes from a different table and therefore cannot be used to create a uniqueness.

What would be the best way to have all data display without adding the primary key?

Thanks.

In the left column you can perhaps go to Model and if you have multiple tables you could do a join where you have unique identifiers to return data that matches. Also make sure you aren’t using the Distinct function.

Hi @NadimG ,

The best to show all value of table when you add labour hour just make it do not summarize like below shown screenshot:

After doing this you going to see every value .

Thanks

The engineers’ name in the table visual is a unique value that comes from the a different USERS table.
Distinct function is not being used.

Data is not summarised.

A small mock-up of your data that demonstrates is in order here - this sounds like a modeling issue.

1 Like

@NadimG Create a new column for the same column and concatenate Zero Width character:

Zero Width Col = 
VAR TargetCol = Table[Column]
VAR TargetColLen = LEN ( Table[PrimaryKey] ) 
-- ^ If not PRIMARY KEY then a create a combination of other cols like 
-- LEN () + LEN () 
RETURN 
    TargetCol 
        & REPT ( 
            UNICHAR ( 8204 ), 
            TargetColLen 
        )
2 Likes

Hello @NadimG, good to see that you are having progress with your inquiry. Did the responses above help you solve your inquiry?

If it does, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further?

Hi @NadimG, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have any concern related to this topic, you can create a new thread

Thanks for your responses and sorry for the delay as I am away. I will test in the coming week.

Mock up is attached.

I have three tables : ENGINEER, LABOR and TASKS

ENGINEER is linked to LABOR using SYSUR_PBI_KEY

LABOR is linked to TASKS using WOT_PBI_KEY

There is an engineer that worked on the same task for 0.5 hours twice during the same day.

So the duplicate data will be:

• Engineer Name
  • Date
  • Labor hours

When I add only the three above columns to the table visual, this is what I get:

The duplicate values show as distinct.

When I add the LABOR primary key to the table then all records are correctly displayed:

I have tried the suggestion from @AntrikshSharma (with thanks) but it did not work.

Thanks.
Mock Up.pbix (182.1 KB)

Hi @NadimG check this out Handling customers with the same name in Power BI - SQLBI
It’s essentially the solution also suggested by @AntrikshSharma

1 Like

Thanks everyone. From @Roberto 's post, I can understand better @AntrikshSharma 's post.