Dividend Forecast based on the last dividend received

I have dividends received at different frequencies… month, quarter, 6 months, annual.
I have a NEXT DATE calculation is with the Dividend Date * the frequency (1,3,6 or 12). That’s fine.

I want to be able to filter a visual using the NEXT DATE (relative date “in this month”)
so that each month I will see the forecast dividends due based on the last dividend received for that stock (which could be last month, 3 ,6, or 12 months ago).

My table isn’t working. Some data is correct but when I filter on the NEXT DATE and sometimes get incorrect dividend showing.

I tried doing another measure, but this gives me MAX dividend received and I just want the last dividend I received.

I tried this but it’s wrong.

var divdate=VALUES(Dividends[Div Date])
DIVIDENDS EDNA HELP.csv (2.1 KB)

return

CALCULATE(max(Dividends[Amount]),FILTER(divdate, Dividends[Div Date]=[MAX DIV DATE])

)

This has to be SIMPLE - any thoughts.

Here’s a sample file of the source data

Bumping this post for more visibility from our experts and users.

Hi @Ericadyson

Due to inactivity, we’d like to conclude that your inquiry was out of the experts and users’ bounds.

If you were sure you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education, so we advise that you check these resources as well.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!