Distributing event duration to a row per each hour of its duration

Hi team.

I am working with a table that summarizes the generated the loss of potential energy that could be produced. The table includes the event starting date and time, duration, and energy losses. It also includes some descriptions of the event.

The problem is the I need the hourly energy losses because I need to merge it with a table that has the actual generation by date and hour. Hence, I need something like this:

I did some work with the Sequence formula in excel but I never got what I needed. Do you have any sugestión? I guess it might be trough DAX or the query editor.

I am only attaching the excel with the tables because I didn’t get to anything decent in Power BI.

Cheers.

Events - Wind.xlsx (493.2 KB)

José Tremaria | LinkedIn

Hi @jtremaria, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum.

I noticed you didn’t provide a PBIX file. Providing one will help users and experts find a solution to your inquiry faster and better.

A perfect initial question includes all of the following:

• A mockup of the results you want to achieve
  • Your current work-in-progress PBIX file
  • Your underlying data file (to allow us to go into Power Query if necessary to transform your data and/or data model – often DAX questions really end up being data modeling solutions)

Check out this thread on Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

Not completing your data may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Hi @jtremaria, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 26th of June.

We are waiting for the masked demo pbix file, and any other supporting links and details. In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.