Dissecting a Formula

I am working my way through Sam’s Data Transformations & Modeling. During one of the videos on Supporting Tables Sam builds out this formula.

Sales by Frequency Group =
CALCULATE( [Total Sales],
FILTER( VALUES( Customers[Customer Names] ),
COUNTROWS(
FILTER( ‘Purchase Frequency’,
[Total Transactions] > ‘Purchase Frequency’[Min] && [Total Transactions] < ‘Purchase Frequency’[Max] ))))

(Reference This table and other formulas)
Total Sales = SUM( Sales[Line Total] )
Total Transactions = COUNTROWS( Sales )

• I understand (because it explains it) but what do you think the best approach to dissecting this formula if I inherit a PBIX from someone?

Thanks in advance,

Hell @mbraun

Thank you for posting your query in the forum…

Please find the below link of the similar query asked and this should help you understand the code better…

Thanks,
Dharmendar S

2 Likes

Hi @mbraun, did the response provided by @Dharma help in solving your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hello @mbraun, did the response above help solve your query? It’s been a while since we got a response from you. In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @mbraun, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.