Different intelli sense showing in the measure Bar

Intellisense example 2021-11-04 143339

Hi Team, sorry if this is posted to the wrong stream. I have been playing around with the options settings in power BI and now get the m code intelli sense prompts when using the new measure bar. (See picture)

I have also installed tabular editor.

Does anyone know how to revert back to the traditional intelli sense?

cheers
Steven

@stevens ,

Yes, there’s a lot of unhappiness around the October Power Bi update. It’s a terrible implementation, and I actually resorted to (somewhat) good-natured public mockery:

As I see it, you’ve got three options:

1. roll back to the September update.

2. wait for the November update and hope they fix it given the large public outcry.

3. just switch over to Tabular Editor 3, where IntelliSense is greatly improved relative to the PBI impelemntation and is smart enough to get out of your way and not obscure the view of your own code.

I’ve chosen a path of 2) and 3).

I don’t know how helpful this will be, but at least you know you’re not alone here…

– Brian

1 Like

Thanks @BrianJ. I thought I had done something stupid (not uncommon!)

It certainly has increased my use of tabular editor which is great. Occasionally I find saving and switching programs a pain when quick testing measures. Also found that sometimes Power BI doesn’t always receive the updated measure and I feel like I’m playing donkey kong with the ctrl+shift+S keys! :slight_smile:

Again thanks. Tomorrow is a fishing day and all will be right with the world again.

cheers
Steven

1 Like