Different formatting on header and value

Hi Team,
I would like to have header highlighted with different colour and not applying to value.I also want values to be right alignment.
Is there any way to achieve that.
Please see the screen shots.

As you can see, I would like to have my values on right but I only want to apply colours on header.

thank you.
Regards,
Aye

Hello @ammu,

Thank you for posting your query onto the Forum.

Sadly there is no provision right now in the Power BI where you can apply two different formatting options to the same field using the “Field Formatting” option.

We understand that you want to highlight the Headers that contain headings such as “MTD Actuals”, “YTD Actuals” and “YTD LY” with different colors so that they distinguish themselves from others without applying the same formatting to the values. And would also want to align your values to the right-side of the Matrix by not applying this formatting to the headers.

Following are the reasons stated below due to which this is not possible right now -

1. Headers are also part of the Values since they are being dragged under the Values field of the Matrix.
  2. Since the measures which has been written contains the combination of results such as “Numeric” and “Percentage” the overall result has outweighed the “Numeric” part because while defining the format for Percentage we need to mention it as “0.00%” which in turn converts it into the text and ultimately that has resulted into the left side alignment of the entire result.

I’m also attaching the screenshot of my working for the reference where you’ll find that “Normal Values” are by default aligned to the right-side of the Matrix whereas “Percentage (%) Values” are by default aligned to the right-side of the Matrix.

Hoping you this helpful and can help you to achieve your desired analysis.

Please feel free to write back in case I’ve missed out on anything.

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Harsh

Hi @ammu, did the response/training content provided by @Harsh help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get, and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

Thanks for all your help, Harsh.
Please keep me posted when you come across any solution to what we want to achieve.
Regards,
Aye

Hello @ammu,

You’re welcome. Glad to help you out. :slightly_smiling_face:

And surely I’ll write a post whenever we have an update in this regards.

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Harsh

1 Like