Difference between Columns that both contain Time and Date

Hello

i am having trouble writing a DAX calculation that will give me the difference between 2 columns that contain a date and time. We are a pick/pack and ship warehouse and i am trying to calculate time from order to shipment. i would like to see the result in hours and minutes.

@JDopson ,

The following post provides a number of different ways to do this in both DAX and Power Query:

• Brian
4 Likes

Hi @JDopson, welcome to the Forum! It’s great to know that you are having a great experience so far.

Dd the response provided by @BrianJ help you solve your query?

If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further?

If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Thanks for the solution. i am still working through it

1 Like

Hello @JDopson, a gentle follow up if you were able to solve your inquiry above with the solution suggested?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Calculating Duration Between Two Dates Not Including Weekends and Holidays

@JDopson ,

Given that you’re new to the forum, wanted to let you know the best way to ensure your questions get answered promptly. Initially, the question you asked got solved, and marked as such. You then posed a different version of the question and unmarked the original solution. However, at that point, me and probably others who scan the forum looking for questions to answer had registered this one as solved.

If your initial query is solved, but you want to follow up with a change in the formulation of the original question, best to leave the initial one as solved and just open a new thread, which is what I’ve done for you here. No harm done, but just wanted to let you know for future reference.

• Brian
1 Like