Detect relationship from source (Dataverse)

Hi guys,
I’m importing a dataset from Dataverse (Common Data Services) which are already defined the relationship between tables in Dataverse’s environment. Auto-detect options have been chosen. However, the data model in Power BI failed to import the original relationship automatically. Anybody has tried it and got the solutions yet? Things happen the same to other sources I have tried such as Sharepoint online.
Thank you so much!

Hi @vyvt,

You can take a look at different relationship behaiour in this documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/create-edit-entity-relationships

Sure @davidcenna. But I still wonder how can I make power BI detect all relationships I have set before in dataverse.

Hello @vyvt,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

While I was going through your query I came across to the similar query that has been posted onto the “Power Apps” platform by a member where they faced the similar problem. I’m posting the link of that query below for the reference.

Hoping you find this link useful and meets your requirements that you’ve been looking for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

1 Like

Hello @Harsh,
I have tried but I couldn’t work out how to manage the relationship for the solution even when I can “switch to classic”. Could you please show me how to do that. Thank you so much!

Hello @vyvt,

I would have definitely loved that but since I haven’t worked or have significant knowledge about the data brought into the PBIX file via Dataverse (CDS). I thought the link might solve the query actually.

I sincerely hope someone from the Froum who might have worked onto this part will be able to assist you here.

And my sincerest apologies to you for not being able to help here much in this query.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

1 Like

Thank you for trying to help @Harsh. I have worked out the panel but they’re already set “searchable” when I connected to PBI. However, I’ve very appreciated your effort.
Thank you so much,
Regards,
Vy

1 Like

Hi @vyvt, did the response provided by @Harsh help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hi @vyvt, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since Aug 2. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @vyvt, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

Kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, we hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!