Deneb - Y-Axis Label Length

Good Evening,

I created a (“Point” or scatter Plot) report using “Deneb” in Power BI, but having an issue with the “Y-axis” as some of the String Names are too long (The Chart is cutting them off) and not allowing me to extend. Is there an easy way to extend or override the default String limitation to names in the Y-Axis (in Specification or Config)?

Capture

Thank you,
Dustin

Hi @luz58. Please upload your work-in-progress PBIX file (with data you can share or sample data).
Greg

Test.pbix (1.4 MB)

Please see file for Example. Basically project names are little longer than what seems to be default, not sure if i have a code that is limiting them or a code I can input to extend the name.

Hi @luz58.

Yes, there is. Add an axis block to the Y-encoding block and set the “labelLimit” property as desired.

---
	"y": {
      "field": "Activity",
      "type": "nominal",
      "title": null,
      "axis": {
        "labelLimit": 300
      }
    }
---

Here’s what it looks like with a setting of 300 (number is in pixels):

Hope this helps.
Greg
eDNA Forum - Deneb Y-axis Label Length.pbix (1.4 MB)

(I noticed your sample file was for Report Server, so this PBIX will likely not run in your environment.)

Hello @luz58

Did the responses above help solve your query?

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark the answer as the SOLUTION by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then tick the check box beside SOLUTION

Thank you

Thanks, that was the fix, appreciate the help!