Deneb Template - Bubble Chart

A new feature that was included in the recently-released version 1.1 of the Deneb custom visual was the ability to use the current theme setup in a Power BI file. A bubble chart can be used to effectively illustrate this new feature, and I enclose a Deneb/Vega-Lite template for such a bubble chart.

This template illustrates a number of Deneb/Vega-Lite features, including:

• a title block setting additional display properties
  • a single “circle” mark
  • offsetting both the X and Y axes to create more room for the edge circles
  • custom titles for both the X and Y axes
  • circle size being reflective of the total sales for the selected product for the selected month
  • circle colour being presented according to the current colour theme of the Power BI report (** new in Deneb v1.1)
  • automatic legend generation by Deneb/Vega-Lite
  • a custom tooltip showing the product, the month, and the total sales

The intent of this template is not to provide a finished visual, but rather to serve as a starting point for further custom visual development.

Also included is the sample PBIX using the Enterprise DNA Practice Dataset as a demo.

NOTE: This template is provided as-is for information purposes only, and its use is solely at the discretion of the end user; no responsibility is assumed by the author.

EDIT: resolved Deneb v1.1 template generation issue and uploaded new template version

Greg
deneb.bubble_chart.0.3.json (2.7 KB)
Deneb Templates - Bubble Chart.pbix (1.7 MB)

1 Like

Marked as solved.

Hi @Greg
thanks for showing what Deneb can do!!

Are these going to be in the learning portal?

thanks
Keith

Hi @Keith. I’m unaware of any locations beyond the forum. Greg

1 Like

ok @Greg . I might be a good thing it should be in the Learning Portal too. Learning opportunity all in one place :slight_smile: