DENEB Heatmap/how to resize?

Hello,
I have been trying to adapt the DENEB heatmap to my report.
One thing I could not figure out is how to make the chart bigger.
I have tried to set a height and width for the rectangle mark, it works but then I don’t know how to increase the width for the texts (day number and x axis label - Days Abbreviation).
I have switched the chart for the months to show vertically on one column but aside from that the template is the same as the post in the link above.
To be clearer, this is what it looks like today:

but, as I would like to add the value to the day number, the rectangles for the day are to small. If I try to increase them by setting width/height to 40:

I don’t know how to get everything else to follow.

Thanks!
Kind regards
Valeria

Hi @valeriabreveglieri. The method is not springing to mind … can you upload your work-in-progress PBIX and I’ll investigate further? Greg

Hi @Greg,
sure! For the sake of simplicity and confidentiality, I have posted back the template from the original thread modified with the “height” and “width” on the rectangle mark, to see the issue.
It should be straightforward to apply the change to my report once this one is modified.
THANKS!!!
Kind regards
Valeria

Deneb - Calendar Heat Map Resize question.pbix (2.1 MB)

Hi @valeriabreveglieri.

I had some success by adding overall height and width key:value pairs to the 2nd visual in the vconcat block, then (1) adjusting the height and width key:value pairs for the rect mark, (2) adding a yOffset to the text mark, and (3) adding a second text mark (red).

(NOTE: There appears to be an issue when the month has only 1 or 2 days in the first week or last week - the rectangles are not aligned precisely [3-7 days in the week looks OK]. I’m guessing this is a Vega-Lite rendering issue; I have no idea how to resolve)

Hope this helps.
Greg
eDNA Forum - Calendar Heat Map using Deneb - Resize.pbix (2.1 MB)

1 Like

Hello @Greg , THANK YOU! Sorry for the very late reply - I did not get any notification about your post so I checked back today and found you had replied much earlier.
Anyway, yes, this should definitely work. This calendar viz in Deneb looks really great in the reports (what Deneb viz does not anyway? :sweat_smile: )
Thanks again!