Deneb - Concat Auto-Size

I am writing to understand if it is possible to configure the AutoSize property while using hconcat in Deneb Visuals.

I attached an example making some changes in Data from Deneb course.
My goal is to create a bar chart and display the value of each bar on the right and all those vertically aligned values.

I find a way but to do that, but I’m not finding a way to make the size of the chart responsive.
Is there a way to do that?
Demo - Deneb - Theory_sc.pbix (1.7 MB)

Looking forward to keeping learning this great tool

Hi @scancela.90

You’re right, when

"width": "container"

is added to the specification, it doesn’t seem to impact horizontally concatenated visuals.

I’ve tried a couple of other possibilities without any success. I’ll keep it in mind and post if I find anything.
Greg

Thanks Greg for your immediate answer, I read over Vega-Lite this: “Currently, Vega-Lite does not support shared axes for concatenated views.” Concatenating views | Vega-Lite. In the solution I implement with layer, I guess the problem is the XOffset with a fixed number. I try to find a way to define the XOffset by the end of the left layer but I couldn’t.
I’m also trying to learn Vega and see if it works with Vega.

Hi @scancela.90

I just had another thought and it appears to work (although not responsive; some manual adjustment is needed).

I had some success with a horizontal concatenation of 3 marks (2 bar and 1 text) with the following features:

• 1st mark (bar) has transparent bars hard-coded to X=0 and y-axis labels only
  • 2nd mark (bar) has blue bars as normal with X as per the data
  • 3rd mark (text) has data labels only hard-coded to X=50 000 000

Hope this helps.
Greg
eDNA Forum - Deneb Bar Chart Right Data Labels.pbix (1.7 MB)

1 Like

It helps, thanks for your help @Greg. I appreciate your support and I took your idea and made a few adjustments that I feel I can easily use for different scenarios.
I look forward to learning more about Deneb with all the content you share with us.
eDNA Forum - Deneb Bar Chart Right Data Labels_v2.pbix (1.7 MB)

Thanks
Santiago

1 Like

Hello @ ,

Good to see that you are having progress with your inquiry. Did the responses from @Greg help you solve your inquiry?

If it does, kindly mark his answer as the Solution to your query.