Deneb bubble overlay on a bar chart

Hi All,
I am studying Deneb, of which I have seen the almost infinite possibilities. Among these is the ability to use multiple representations in the same chart, but I struggle.
My intention is to have two types of overlapping charts.
The first is a bar chart that represents sales by product. segmented by Country.
Each segment shows the number of units sold in a bubble.

I’m almost there but bubbles are not in the right place.

Since I’m in the learning stage I’d appreciate suggestions on how to proceed.

Thanks

Roberto

bar and bubble chart.pbix (1.4 MB)

Hi @Roberto

Your expected outcome is unclear. I took a “flyer” and tried to guess what you might be looking for:

This is rough only, but may help. I’d suggest creating individual visuals for each “layer” (i.e., one for the bar, one for the bubble, one for the text label, etc.), each within a “layer” block, then combine. (Even though the “layer” blocks are not needed in the stand-alone visuals, they will make combining them easier.)

If you wish to pursue further, please create and upload a mock-up of your desired outcome (e.g., use Excel or PowerPoint for a “base” screenshot then mark-up from there).

Hope it helps.
Greg
eDNA Forum - Bubble Chart Overlay.pbix (1.4 MB)

1 Like

Hi @Greg ,
I know solutions should not be followed by any comment, but you gave a very good hint, besides the template that almost fits my need, which is working on single layers separately and then combining them.

Thanks

Roberto