Deferred rent/ lease schedule

Hi there –
For whatever reason I cannot find the way to submit my question on your forum.
Maybe you can help me with directions:)

As I mentioned before, I’m on the accounting side, and I’m trying to utilize the Power Bi tools to generate journal entries and perform reconciliation (vs. statistics or presentation reports).
a. I have a project, which usually was done by me in the past in excel. Now I have 80 stores rent leases, with an average lease duration 45 years.
b. I must calculate the Straight-line amount ( all payments/ qty of lease months) and monthly payment by store.

I tried to look into your case studies, to find something similar and I couldn’t find it.
My questions are:

1. What will be the best way to set up the table for all stores and all random price changes?
  2. Can a lease schedule be created on-the-fly in Power BI ? or do I have to upload each individual lease as a table with monthly calculation?

Thank you very much!
Natasha
Lease.xlsx (11.7 KB)

Welcome to the forum, @npower :slight_smile:

While waiting for other members to jump in, I suggest using the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member. Thanks!

Bumping this post for more visibility.

Hi @npower! We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now.

Looks like your inquiry was out of the experts and users’ bounds.

We strive to answer ALL inquiries in the forum. However, if you are sure that you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, you can check out tutorials to learn this yourself as your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!