Decomposition tree issue

Hi there,

I have created few measures using distinctcount function about the start and finish times of the job. I am using those measures into the slicer and showing their split using decomposition tree visual as shown in the picture:

The problem with above pictures is that if we add the values present in the branch of decomposition tree does not equal to the total value shown in the root of the decomposition tree (underlined with red color). I am not sure where am I making the mistake. Could anyone please help in fixing the issue?

Sample file: decomposition tree.pbix (451.4 KB)

Hello @leo_89,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

There’s one odd thing that I’ve observed in your data and that is, the date column’s “Actual Interruption Start Time (NZST)” and “Actual Interruption Restore Time (NZST)” are good to go but the other date columns contains the starting date from the Year 1900 or Year 1899. Below is the screenshot provided for the reference -

I guess the problem has occurred due to inconsistency in the date columns. So can you first fix the date columns issue into your model and check whether the issue still persists or not. If the issue still persists than you can post the revised PBIX file after fixing the date columns and we’ll look into it again.

Also can you please split the Date Time columns into separate columns i.e. separate column for Date and separate column for Time.

Hoping this helps you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

1 Like

Hi @leo_89, did the response provided by @Harsh help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

I hope that you are having a great experience using the Support Forum so far. We’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

Hi @leo_89, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 16th of April. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @leo_89, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

We’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!